Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Because there's no better way to explain than to show

When your life breaks and there is no real cure ...



Making a seizure victim stand in place is cruel. Help them to a comfortable place, and, for God's sake, be quiet. Talking to a seizure victim does not help. Comfort does.


Quietly comforting a victim is good


Trying to talk to me in the middle of a seizure makes things worse. It's stupid. Don't do it.



One of several seizure types that afflict me. Now you know something of my life as it is every day.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:31 AM

    In the past I've witnessed a friend having seizures and didn't know what would help. Your personal comments have helped me to know how to be of help and comfort.
    I feel for anyone who suffers from this debilitating condition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all heart-breaking to various degrees. It doesn't help that Hollywood portrays seizures as usually one type and usually wrong at that.

    ReplyDelete