Thursday, April 02, 2015

Can you solve it?

So I went 'treasure hunting' today. I found a book and this picture. It's on modern photopaper, and it's not a print from a digital camera. It's been in the frame long enough that most of the color has washed out. I don't know which castle this is, nor do I know the broad location. I suspect this is Scottish because of the bulky square tower. It could possibly be Irish. I do not know. Can you find it?

 
 
Okay, so I solved it myself ... It's Eilean Donan Castle, Scotland
 
 

1 comment:

An Occasional Reader said...

Massively rebuilt in the early 20th century from ruins, it makes a good income being hired out for film locations, from The World is Not Enough (James Bond) to, more understandably, Highlander, Bonnie Prince Charlie, and The Master of Ballantrae.