Monday, March 16, 2015

okay ... this is swell!

I have all the numeral issues from the Kingdom Bavaria except one. These are some of my favorite stamps. I didn't have the 12K Red. It isn't as pricy as some of the others, but people seem to want more than usual for it. The Scott Catalogue suggests 140.00 used. No one pays that unless it is top quality. Usually sellers ask about 40-60 dollars. I don't think it's worth that either and would never pay that much.

Uncle B. found one for cheap and bought it for me. So now I have the complete set 1849-1858. How very nice. Here it is:

1 comment:

  1. Swell? Are you channeling June Allison from the 1940s?

    I'm teasing. That's great that Uncle B was able to help you complete the set.

    To use some more recent verbiage - Cool! Far out and solid. Groovy baby!

    ReplyDelete