Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Vanilla Wafers


So … I had a stressful day. I sent a young man to the office. This was his third trip. Instead of reporting to the office, he hid out in the boy’s room. The principal fished him out. He and his parents are now faced with a decision. They can withdraw from my class. Or his mother must attend his classes.

            Last class of the day was total fun though. This is a Grades 1-2 literature class. We read stories and craft our own books. The books are made up of pictures, puzzles, counting games, a short writing (or picture) cut-out and similar things. We finished our first major project, so today was party day: Chocolate Milk, Vanilla Wafers, music and cartoon videos, and lots and lots of chatter. We drank a gallon of milk and consumed a huge box of cookies. One of the little girls said, “This is the best class ever! … Are we allowed to do this?” I assured her we were.

            Knobby Knees met me for coffee. I left him to his hardware shopping (bet he comes home with junk food too), and stopped at the Goodwill Store. I found books!

I found an Anne McCaffery book I haven’t read. And Sarah Prineas’ The Magic Thief. That’s on our short list for next semester’s mid-grades reading, but I haven’t read it. So this was good. Best of all, I found the one volume of the US Army’s pictorial history of World War 2 that I was missing.

So … how was your day?

2 comments:

Anthony said...

Editing.

Also, if I had not mentioned it, the new blog theme is soooooo much better.

Anonymous said...

Don't know why but I identify with your young man.