Sunday, April 08, 2012

Old Photos

I love old photos. I've collected them for years, haunting tag sales, antique malls, ebay and thrift stores to find them. I' also the repository of dozens of family photos, photo cards, and post cards with photos of family. Some are jems of photographic art; others are merely interesting. A very few speak of mystery. Here is a print from an original glass negative. First we have the full photo, then two detailed views. Tell me what you think. What do we see in this photo? What time of year is it? Where is this? Why was it taken? Any observation at all is good, and your guess is as good as mine.



1 comment:

Harry H said...

My old eyes are not what they used to be. There is a road along the ridge line where the houses are set.

The photo is taken in late winter I guess looking at the trees.

Where was the photo taken? I can say it is definitely not in the southern part of the US. Nobody used fencing like that around here.

That's all I can guess.