Monday, November 28, 2011

Well ... I'm not dead ...

Sure feel close to it though ... Fever, aches, ear aches, bad attitude, groans, ithcy nose. Yup, I'm sufferin'. Where IS all the sympathy?

On the home front, I've been cajoled, begged, blackmailed ("your students have been blessed by your teaching") into changing my mind about quitting the school district. I've relented in part. I'm going to continue to teach but with half the load I carry now. Bribing me with a fancy certificate didn't work. It was the "I'm sorry I'm a jerk I was born that way" apology from the principal that did it.

If I feel better later today, I'll tell you more about my adventures with the fairies. Right now, I'll tell you this, though it's out of place in the story. The little female hid in my shoulder-length hair when I went junk shopping with my aunt. I always check the "wares" section for something nice. Usually it's all junk. When I passed the soap dishes she went into a jumping up and down frenzie. One of them was shaped like an old fashioned bathtub. Just her size. I bought it. She soaks her pregnant self in that miniature tub. I sympathize. I've been there.

Anyway, more about that later.

Right now (when I'm not posting this or running to the bathroom to do what one with the ick must do) I'm finally writing up all our notes on American Literalism. I'm trying to make a fairly complex subject as simple as possible. Our first go at this was just awful. We've debated it, done more research, debated it some more. We've discussed where this fits in our outline. It's enough to make my writing partner lose more hair, which he is rapidly doing. Soon enough I'll be taking a chamois cloth with me when I drive up there ... just to polish his bald pate.

3 comments:

Harry H said...

For a compliment press 1,
For well-deserved praise press 2,
For sympathy press 3,
For sympathy and an Oreo, press 4
For snuggles & affection, press kk.
You know which button that is!

Harry H said...

Awww. I was worried that all the baking, cooking, and entertaining would wear you out.

I hope you feel better soon, because I want to hear more about the wee pixies and that evil fairy in the blue house.

Give your writing partner my best wishes. Working with a pixie on a second book, it's a small wonder he has any hair left!

widdershins said...

Many sympathies heading your way from Canada ... hope you get well as soon as Pixie-ly possible