Saturday, June 19, 2010

From Harry ...

who just made me cry ...

Let me introduce myself. I am Harry Saxondale (my Second Life name) and I am an aspiring author with no manuscripts. More importantly I am a fan and friend of Rachael de Vienne, aka Sha'el, princess of the house of Sha, the pixie warrior.

Before I knew Sha'el, I met Talatha, the pixie who inhabits Second Life. In virtual worlds you meet many people who have interesting avatars. Tal was (and is) interesting. She is always in character with lovely little dresses and wings for all occasions. She was fun to talk to and highly opinionated.

One day I heard her say something about the book she had written. I asked and she told me about it and directed me to her blog. I was hooked. When I purchased my copy of PIxie Warrior, I read it straight through. What amazed me more than the wonderful story is that Sha'el asked me for feedback and comments.

At first I was hesitant. After all the only things I have written for publication were educational projects and I was only one of a large team of people doing the writing. I've never published anything on my own.

She was insistent and welcomed my comments. Since then we have talked from time to time about everything from religion and art to history and, of course, the differences between pixies and fairies.

In all this time Sha'el has grown to be a dear friend and I am a devoted, if not demented, fan. She has encouraged me to write my own stories and I am working on one now. At the same time I keep talking to her when she is feeling ill. It hard to deal with constant pain like she does. It amazes me how much she does, raising a family, working at night, searching the web for resource materials, reading tons of old, sometimes moldy, documents, and writing, constantly writing.

For anyone who is just becoming acquainted with my dear friend, you will truly enjoy reading this lady's prose. She is wholesome and honest, loving and gentle. I love her like a daughter. I'll end with a quote that I just found that says it better than I can.

“Certain is it that there is no kind of affection so purely angelic as of a father to a daughter. In love to our wives there is desire; to our sons, ambition; but to our daughters there is something which there are no words to express.” ~Joseph Addison (1672-1719)

2 comments:

  1. That's so beautiful.

    I too admire Sha'el for doing so much while in constant pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is all that, Harry, and with courage and grace. I also admire her tremendously and am so glad I found her again.

    ReplyDelete